I made a huge mistake on my recent launch and I want you to learn from it. On Tuesday I opened the cart to a brand new program and it didn’t sell out. (and I was like…. Whaaa?!?! In the past I went into my program launches with a sense of ease, knowing that the right amount of people would show up and join my program).
I have built such incredible relationships with my tribe that when the “buy” came my peeps always wanted to join. I have a wait list in my private client practice.
I just assumed this program would get the same results for a few reasons.
- I’m teaching exactly what my private clients pay thousands for at a fraction of the amount so the program has HIGH VALUE. I built in tons of access to me during the course so that everyone accesses the love, support and all around good juju that helps my private clients succeed. I though the program was a no-brainer.
- Many people have asked me to put out a program like this for a couple of years so I KNEW I was MEETING THE NEEDS OF THE PEOPLE I CAME TO SERVE.
- I added lots of juicy bonuses into the program to make registering REALLY FUN and EXCITING !
We did sell a bunch of seats in the program but we didn’t sell out (yet.) For about a nanosecond I felt really sorry for myself. All those thoughts of:
“Does anyone even want this?”
“I suck at writing sales pages.”
“I think I’ll just go back to bed. This is exhausting.”
Flew through my head.
I was comparing this launch to past launches which a big NO NO!! Comparison will get you nowhere fast!
Then I pulled my head out of my a$$ and remembered what I teach ALL MY CLIENTS.
- People require 7 touches to make a decision (not 3 and definitely not 1)
- When you create a program or product that has proven results and it doesn’t sell as you expected it probably means there is something wrong with the way you offered it NOT with the program or product itself
- You can’t take lack of sales personally. Figure out what didn’t work and pivot!
My challenges always come with gifts and this one is no exception. Here is what this fork in the road has given me…
Most of my clients struggle with rebounding from a less than stellar marketing or sales effort. It’s been so long since I’ve seen results like these that I forgot what it felt like.
This launch has given me the opportunity to re-connect to that emotion AND here is the really good part ….uncover new strategies to get out of this funk.
The strategy I’m using right now, which is working really, really well is to treat filling this program like a game. I have 8 spots to fill in a program that is $497.
That equals approximately $4000. I will treat every registration like a HUGE WIN!
I’m about to spend a significant amount of time to create $4000, which doesn’t really make sense on paper, but here is why I’m going to do it:
- This program was originally designed as a gift to my Tribe. A way for me to give those that are still struggling with balancing the financial needs of their business with the needs of their family access to the tools that will take their business to six figures AND also get access to me for 2 months. I have not done a good enough job making that gift known so now I’m going to go back out there and do a better job.
- I will uncover marketing strategies I never even considered using before because that always happens when I challenge myself. Then I will teach them to others ‘cuz that is what I do.
- My original goal was to fill this program so damnit I’m going to do it. (Ok, that is probably my ego’s reason but it’s good to have the ego in the game when taking on a challenge!)
To get started on crafting these new strategies I reached out to two people I work with privately that follow my stuff to find out why they think I didn’t get the response I expected on the launch. They both said the same thing: “Because you downplay how awesome you are. You never tell people about all the results you get for your clients!”
Ugh, ugh and double ugh. Talking about how awesome I am**, especially as it relates to my clients, makes me want to throw up in my mouth. Seriously.
This isn’t just my problem. It is a HUGE ISSUE that my clients face. They have a hard time telling people how awesome they are. So if I can figure out ways to do this without throwing up in my mouth I will have achieved a win not just for myself but for the whole tribe of awesome women I love and support.
So I’m going to do it.
I’ll share what I learn on this journey.
In the meantime, you can check out my new program here: http://pattylennon.wpengine.com/results
** Note to my brother and sister: If you are reading this I don’t even want you chiming in. I don’t care what you say. I DO NOT LIKE TO TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME I AM!!!