Every entrepreneur gets stuck. It’s part of the game. You wake up one day full of energy, ready to get started and then… nothing.
Whatever you thought you were going to do, you just can’t bring yourself to get started. Or you start and go nowhere. You are stuck!
It’s frustrating. It’s overwhelming. It can even make you think that you are just not cut out for this gig.
But the truth is that getting stuck is normal.
And if you have a solid process to get out of your stuck-ness it can be much easier to deal with. So here is a plan I use with my clients that I know can work for you!
1. Acknowledge you are stuck. When you are stuck your immediate reaction may be to try to push through. That doesn’t work and it will probably leave you even more stuck. Accept your stuck-ness.
2. Recognize that being stuck means resistance is coming up. Resistance is simply fear wedged deep inside of you that you are refusing to look at. By simply honoring that fear is present you will have made progress getting unstuck.
3. Look at the fear. Take a few deep breaths and scan your body. Notice where energy seems to be bunched up. Where do you feel blocked? That is where your fear is stuck.
4. Use your breath to move the stuck energy. As you breathe in mentally direct the breath to that stuck energy. As you breathe into it will move. As it flows you’ll start to experience a series of emotions.
5. Allow the emotions to flow. Let your emotions carry information to you. Notice the thoughts that the emotions bring. They are here to give you information about what is going on deep inside you.
6. Listen to your thoughts. As the emotion-driven thoughts start to take form hear what they have to say. Most stuck energy or resistance is your lower self or your ego’s way of keeping you small. Are the thoughts telling you that “you can’t do this” or “you’re not good enough” ? Let them speak. Then let them know they’ve been heard but you’ve got big things to do on this planet and they don’t get to be in charge. Some resistance is the voice of your soul. It will usually tell you things like “please slow down” or “I need to rest.” Those are loving thoughts, accept them and honor what your soul needs.
7. Check in. Once the energy has had a chance to flow, it will naturally exit your body. How are you feeling now? Are you ready to move forward? You’ll feel the impulse to take action – even if it’s just to rest – follow that intuition.
8. Make a plan. If you got to the place where you were feeling resistance 50% of the problem was that you weren’t allowing the emotions inside you to flow. The other 50% is likely that you didn’t have a plan. Or if you did have a plan, you didn’t make the steps small enough that you felt safe taking those steps.
9. Baby step your plan. Once you have reasonable steps laid out in a plan consider taking the first step. If it still feels “hard” most likely the step isn’t small enough. Go back and chunk it down even smaller!
10. Remember the Universe has your back. The Universe is supporting you in every step. It is responding to the energy you dedicate to your goal, not the actions. Don’t judge the size of your step by what it looks like to the human eye. The Universe sees inside your heart. If you are showing up fully IT knows! Trust that!
You only need to go as far as you can go. The Universe will take it the rest of the way.
Believe in yourself.
Have faith in the Universe.
Infuse everything you do with your SOUL!